Calgary Hornets Women’s Head Coach
Calgary Hornets Rugby Club – Introduction
The Calgary Hornets are seeking a Women’s Head Coach for the 2024 season. Running from mid-April to late August, the Women’s Head Coach will be responsible for coaching both the Premier and Development sides.
The Calgary Hornets RFC has been in existence since 1967 and prides itself on its culture and programs excellence. We provide both men’s and women’s rugby programs for all ages and have over 400 registered members. We have 3 senior men’s, 2 women’s teams and 11 junior teams. In 2023 our Women’s Premier team won both the City (Calgary) and Provincial (Alberta) Champions.
Hornets Women’s Head Coach – Responsibilities
As the Hornets Women’s Coach you will be responsible for the following:
- Head coach of premier and development Women’s teams
- Attending all Women’s training sessions games (premier and development teams) except when conflicting game times and/or locations occur. In the event of a conflict,the Head Coach is normally expected to attend the premier game and arrange an assistant coach to attend the development team game.
- ▪ Plan and run Women’s training session for all women registered club players
- Liaise with VP Women executive member weekly to discuss practice plans, player availability, team selection
- Provide individual player development profiles and player feedback
- Other duties as required
- IRB/NCCP Level 2
- Minimum of 3 year of coaching experience
- Competency of playing or coaching at high level of senior rugby
- Experience in working in the development of players
All interested parties are asked to send their resume and cover letter to the President of the Calgary Hornets Rugby Club Ian Campbell President@calgaryhornets.org by December 15 2023.
Compensation shall be competitive within the amateur environment and will be based on experience and qualifications.
We look forward to welcoming a passionate and dedicated Women’s Head Coach to our esteemed Calgary Hornets Rugby Club in 2024. Join us in shaping the future of Women’s rugby in Calgary!